While many people think anorexia and bulimia are the only eating disorders that people struggle with daily, there are many types of eating disorders. Conditions like this can affect people from all walks of life at any time in their life. Mental health treatment is the most successful way to address underlying causes of eating disorders and help people establish healthy relationships with food, exercise, and overall mental health.
At Alleviant Health Centers of Jonesboro, we believe in integrative, holistic mental health treatment for eating and other mental health disorders. Our integrative psychiatry services include a comprehensive eating disorder treatment program in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Call us now at 870.657.0337 to learn more about our programs.
What Are Eating Disorders?
Behaviors resulting from an unhealthy relationship with food classify eating disorders. Irregular eating habits, feelings, and ruminating thoughts about food may all be part of eating disorder behaviors. Like other mental health disorders, every patient’s experience of an eating disorder is unique. Common signs of eating disorders include:
- Body dysmorphia
- Fad dieting
- Food anxiety
- Guilt and shame associated with food
- Avoiding certain foods
- Obsessing over food
- Feeling a loss of control around food
- Using exercise and food restrictions to compensate for binging
- Food restriction without a doctor’s supervision or recommendation
- Binge eating
- Yo-yo dieting
Physical signs include:
- Weight fluctuations
- Changes in clothing
- Changes in daily routine
- Brittle hair, skin, and nails
For some people struggling with eating disorders, eating habits involve daily food rituals, calorie counting, and excessive exercise. Regardless of the symptoms, an unhealthy relationship with food can cause long-term effects on a person’s health and well-being.
Eating disorders affect someone’s entire life. At Alleviant Health Centers of Jonesboro, we believe in holistic approaches to eating disorders. Rather than treating an eating disorder as an isolated illness, our integrative psychiatric medicine focuses on the relationship between mind, body, and spirit for lasting changes in overall health.
What’s a Holistic Eating Disorder Treatment?
Unlike other mental health treatment forms, holistic treatment sees symptoms as interconnected. Treatment often includes:
- Behavioral therapy – This therapeutic approach helps patients understand thought patterns and make lasting changes in belief systems, thoughts, and behaviors.
- Integrative psychiatry – This therapy addresses the interconnectivity of the body’s system. It also works towards holistic harmony.
- Intravenous (IV) Ketamine – In controlled doses, IV Ketamine helps rebuild neurons atrophied from depression.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) – This recent intervention is another depression treatment for patients struggling with depression as an underlying factor in disordered eating.
- Medication management services – Psychiatric evaluation can provide clients with a medication plan to manage mental health and ease the symptoms of eating disorders.
Holistic treatment for eating disorders is highly individualized and focused on the aspects of life that lead to disordered eating and the ways disordered eating influences physical and mental health. Our team creates individualized treatment plans through psychiatric evaluation to fit each patient’s unique mental health needs with integrative and holistic approaches.
Ready to Consider Eating Disorder Treatment at Alleviant Rogers?
Today, unfortunately, many people do not seek treatment or struggle to access treatment for eating disorders and other mental health issues. At Alleviant Health Centers, we provide Arkansas with comprehensive treatment and support for eating disorders and other mental health disorders. Our treatments include adolescent and adult psychiatry, telemedicine, and on-site therapy appointments.
If you or someone you love is considering an eating disorder treatment center in Jonesboro, Arkansas, our team can help. We believe in holistic, full-body healing to support you and your loved ones throughout your journey. Call Alleviant Health Centers of Jonesboro to schedule an evaluation today. Reach our friendly staff at 870.657.0337 to learn more about our programs, insurance coverage, and how we can help you thrive.